Web Design and Web Development
There are several websites which are different from one another, and it is the task of web developers who design these websites and make them functional to let the user gain better viewing experience. Every web developer is capable of designing unique websites with excellent layout features that grab the attention of users to visit their created websites again and again. Thus web design is nothing but the creativity of a computer programmer or graphic designer who can build outstanding web applications to meet their client-specific needs. Have a look at the web design vs. web development explained as they two are entirely different to perform jobs that are crucial to building an aesthetically pleasing and functional website with the invisible conception of coding? Hence it is the job of a web designer to take care of everything cosmetic like visual appearance, while a web developer must ensure the buttons, links, forms, navigation bars, and videos work correctly on the site. Let’s have a closer look what makes them different from each other.
Here is the possible explanation to differentiate both from one another:
- The most obvious difference between both of them is that the web designers offer the users beautiful web interface to perform a visual or aesthetic job that is usable whereas the web developer is responsible for turning the beautiful image into a readable page that seems interesting to the visitors.
- A web designer is required to create and build graphical designs that work best for the website using designer software’s such as Adobe Photoshop to bring the layout and other visual elements happening on the site. For this, they should hold a bachelor degree in communication, computer science or graphic arts with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Whereas on the other hand, the Web Developers, on the other hand, take the website design to the next level behind the scene to transform it into a fully functional website.
- Very few people know that web design and web development both are different things and possess their features, for functionality. A Web designer maintains a first state of the art to illustrate what his website is all about with compelling designs and tools that attract users to visit whereas web development is the further thing that needs to process with coding and programming to make the website run successfully.
- A good Web designer who designs the website is more admired than a web developer as he is the person responsible for transforming his website pages into useful insights that the users find attractive and pulls most traffic to the site all possible through their number of visitors and customers. It is thus the art of designing, which decides how the website appears and functions when inserted good visual design as well as possess a deep understanding of user experience who strives to meet their client’s expectations whereas a web developer uses his coding skills or programming tools such as Java, HTML, or PHP to turns this web design functional on cloud and brings it back to digital life.
- A web designer has an eye to design the website, whereas web development is related to writing the actual coding and scripts that take any web design to get colorful and back to digital life. It is thus the web developers who focus and work on a strategy and tells us how a site works, how to perform an action on the site, and how the invisible things are working on the websites. Hence a web developer is treated as an asset to web designers who design the website and allows it to happen effectively without any bugs.
Hence both have a symbiotic relationship with each other when they need to present their skills to complete a complex project. This relationship is the marriage of form and function. This collaboration also has implications for search engine optimization and site speed. This is especially important in competetive niches such as the adult niche with sex sites and hookup dating apps. Did you now find the most significant difference between both these worlds? If you want to learn more about them, then become a web designer or web developer to have a closer observation of what each one deal and design a website that is great on the cloud.
Both web design and web development are closely related to creating a website that is functional to establish career paths, but they aren’t the same thing. However, the web designers who have basic knowledge of web designing or graphic arts need to implement development techniques, whereas the developer’s role is to enhance his created website to achieve a higher rate of performance and pull the traffic to earn profit which increases their sales and revenue. Though they are different if you notice both offer services in one package that attracts visitors and customers to approach them for the growth of their business. Both these types of designers are acknowledged for building complex websites as they team up with individual skills and capabilities to build robust, scalable and reliable websites that meet the expectations of clients and complete their project on time to reach their goal.
Minimalism or simply deleting or minimizing the number of unwanted content which does not assist the work the user wants to do. To reduce the website to specific desired components, the designer must take both content and user interface under consideration.
Several features define minimalism in web designing. One most common example of web designing includes language.
Some defining elements of minimalism include:
- Flat structure and compositions
Purely digital representation of things is preferred over skeuomorphism. Minimalist UI designs are usually dull. Around 96% of sites were of flat form and structure.
Flat designs are now mistaken as minimalistic designs. The general meaning of flat designs includes the icons and graphics in the interface, while the minimalist designs include the layout strategies.
- Exclusive color palette
Colors play a vital role in attention-seeking. We don’t have to add any other graphic or icon to create any visual interest, as colors are most noticeable and overpowering. Monochromatic or using only one color design helps highlight the main plot and bring the theme to the limelight.
- The number of elements is limited
The details must not be limited to:
- Links provided
- Items in the menu
- Graphics used
- Lines wrote or provided
- Fonts and colors etc.
The main agenda used here it to minimize and get rid of the content unless it’s absence proves to be dangerous.
- The negative space is maximized
When you delete any element, a void is created.
That void is named white space or negative space. It is that empty area of the interface which is created after the removal of the objectionable content. Around 84% of the sample sites use this negative space. The negative space makes an impact on the interaction cost, resolution, etc.
- Typography used dramatically
Using larger and bold fonts imposes an impact on communicating.
For more visually engaging, using typography dramatically proves to be a better option. Hence minimizes the use of graphics and icons and even solves our purpose. Using bold typography creates visual interest.
- Larger background features
Background images and videos are one of the best characteristics of minimalism in web designing. It is even the most debated topic.
As people believe that it may distract the users from the actual topic of interest, but it even makes the content readable.
Imposes a better impact on the user by adjusting the size of the image used.
- The layout of grids
Arranging the data in homogenous form linearly reduces or minimalizes the use of any other object as it makes the content useful by using it alone only.
- Rounded graphics
The use of circular or round graphics, in about 16% of sample sites helps in minimalism in web designing.
- The global navigation is hidden
An approach of balancing the use of minimalism not only for minimalism alone will do you more good. Considering the specific site goals, one must first check the minimalistic feature and then apply it. Having an in-depth knowledge of minimalism is preferred to the web designers to get the maximum output. More examples of minimalism in web design can be found here