2013 SaratogaArtsFest Press Coverage
- December 5 2013 - ARTSPASS sales begin for SaratogaArtsFest 2014 For holiday shoppers seeking a Saratoga-themed gift with lasting value, an ARTSPASS for SaratogaArtsFest 2014 may be the perfect choice. The ARTSPASS provides admission to events and cultural activities at the upcoming citywide celebration of the arts, June 12-15, as well as discounts and benefits at local restaurants and arts organizations during and after the festival. [more]
- December 2 2013 - Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play to give special ArtsFest performance, Dec. 14 They brought the house down in two previous SaratogaArtsFest performances, and now Triple Play will return to the stage at Skidmore’s Arthur Zankel Music Center to wow Capital District audiences once again, in a special fundraising concert on Saturday, Dec. 14, at 7 p.m. [more]
- November 1 2013 - SaratogaArtsFest 2014 announces arts partner grants SaratogaArtsFest has awarded grants to nine local arts organizations to help them prepare for this spring's citywide celebration of the arts, June 12-15. The Programming Enhancement Grants for the 2014 festival will total $25,000. [more]
- November 1 2013 - Triple Play to give special ArtsFest performance, Dec. 14 They brought the house down in two previous SaratogaArtsFest performances, and now Triple Play will return to the stage at Skidmore's Arthur Zankel Music Center to wow Capital District audiences once again, in a special fundraising concert on Saturday, Dec. 14, at 7 p.m. [more]
- August 15 2013 - Piano phenoms The Five Browns to release new album, "The Rite of Spring: Live at Arthur Zankel Music Center." The SaratogaArtsFest concert was recorded May 29 at Skidmore College. [more]
- May 16 2013 - The Literary Arts Abound at SaratogaArtsFest This year’s SaratogaArtsFest, June 6-9, will present events and activities designed to inspire readers, writers, and poetry lovers, with ample opportunities for young people to engage with literature. [more]
- May 3 2013 - SaratogaArtsFest to offer large-scale celebration of the arts, June 6- As the region gears up for the grand celebration of the Saratoga Race Course's 150th year, the arts are poised to play a key role in the festivities, starting off with SaratogaArtsFest, June 6-9.
The four-day ArtsFest, a collaboration of more than 40 community arts organizations, is a citywide celebration designed to appeal to a wide audienceâ€”from the seasoned arts aficionado to families with young children. The festival offers activities and events spanning music, dance, visual art, film, theatre, and literary art.
- April 25 2013 - SPAC Presents Three-Time Grammy-Nominated Cuban Jazz Superstars Tiempo Libre as Kick-Off to Saratoga Saratoga Performing Arts Center will present Cuban jazz supergroup Tiempo Libre with pianist Alfredo Rodriguez for the kick-off of SaratogaArtsFest on Thursday, June 6, at 7:30 pm in the Arthur Zankel Music Center at Skidmore College. [more]
- April 19 2013 - SaratogaArtsFest Announces New Executive Director The SaratogaArtsFest board of directors has named Laura K. Herr as the organizationâ€™s new executive director. An attorney, arts manager, and fundraiser from Kent, Conn., Herr will begin her new post on Sept 1.
The annual SaratogaArtsFest is a four-day citywide celebration of the arts held in June at venues throughout Saratoga Springs. The 2013 festival is scheduled for June 6-9.
Herr will replace Mary Ellen Oâ€™Loughlin, who has played a leadership role in SaratogaArtsFest for four years, serving as its executive director for the past three years.
- April 3 2013 - SaratogaArtsFest offers special opportunities for youth Short story contest, free admission with perks through YES! program [more]
- March 21 2013 - Unique performance to mark the 100th anniversary of Stravinskyâ€™s The Rite of Spring The 5 Brownsâ€”a piano quintet of siblingsâ€”to premiere new arrangement - Skidmore College and SaratogaArtsFest are teaming up to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Paris premiere of Igor Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring, with the world premiere of a new arrangement for five pianos. The performance, by The 5 Brownsâ€”a group of five siblings hailed for their piano virtuosityâ€”will take place on Wednesday, May 29, at 7:30 p.m., in the Arthur Zankel Music Center at Skidmore College. [more]
- March 1 2013 - Legendary performer Ben Vereen to give show at SaratogaArtsFest Tickets go on sale March 15, special discount with purchase of ARTSPASS
SaratogaArtsFest has announced that this yearâ€™s line-up will include a performance by Ben Vereen, the Tony Award-winning actor, dancer, and singer known for his wide-ranging roles and performances over the past 45 years.
- January 24 2013 - SaratogaArtsFest announces new board chair, two new board members The SaratogaArtsFest board of directors has named local arts leader Dee Sarno as the organizationâ€™s new board chair. In addition, the ArtsFest has elected two new board membersâ€”Susan Brome, executive director of the Empire State Youth Orchestras, and Jael Polnac, an attorney. [more]
Click here for press archives from previous years